Guru Randhawa attacked in Vancouver by unidentified man after the show - VRGyani News


Thursday, August 1, 2019

Guru Randhawa attacked in Vancouver by unidentified man after the show

Guru Randhawa has been reported to have faced assault in Vancouver after he concluded his performance there. As per, Guru was assaulted by an unidentified man in Vancouver on Sunday night after he concluded his show. He is also said to have survived the attempt on his life and is said to be out of danger.

According to reports, while Guru was trying to exit the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver, he was attacked on the head from behind by the assailant.

As per statements of people present in the concert, the man who assaulted Guru was behaving in a rowdy manner during the singer's performance as well. After the incident with Guru took place, police and ambulance arrived on the spot. However, the identity of the attacker remains unknown.

The report further added that Guru plans on doing a performance in Pakistan post his Canada tour.

In April, Slowly-Slowly, Randhawa’s much-awaited Punjabi song with Pitbull was released by T-series.

As per the reports, Slowly-Slowly, which incorporates three languages- English, Punjabi and Spanish, was shot in Miami in just a day.

Guru Randhawa is known for his songs like Lahore, Patola and High-Rated Gabru. Unlike many other Punjabi singers and rappers, Guru Randhawa avoids slangs in his songs, which makes him one of the most loved singers even outside the Punjabi-speaking community.

Guru announced his return to India with an Instagram post, confirming he "is home now, feeling safe" and added that he has four stitches on his forehead after he was attacked during a show in Vancouver, Canada, by a member of the audience.

The singer's team wrote a lengthy note on Instagram, along with a photo of a bruised Guru Randhawa, to share details of the unexpected fiasco in Canada: "Guru is back in India with four stitches on his right eyebrow and mega successful USA/Canada tour. The incident happened on July 28 in Vancouver when Guru told one Punjabi man not to come on stage while he was performing for the audience."

"That man was trying to come on stage again and again and then he started fighting with everyone backstage. He was known to the local promoter Surinder Sanghera who sent him away during the show. But at the end when Guru finished the show and was leaving the stage, that Punjabi man came and hit him hard on his face with a punch, because of which Guru started bleeding on the spot from his forehead above eyebrow and went back to stage and showed it to the audience," the Instagram post added.

The statement added that the alleged assaulter could not be identified as he fled the spot: "That man was with few others and whosoever tried to stop them, they were punching them and then they all ran away."

In the note, Guru Randhawa's team also confirmed that he won't have concerts in Canada any more: "Guru is home now feeling safe in India. And he said he won't ever perform in Canada for the rest of his life. Guru said, his Guru Nanak Dev ji has saved him and prayed to Waheguru to give that man a good sense of understanding what to do and what not to. Your love and support is all we need always."

Soon after the reports of the mishap at Guru Randhawa's Vancouver concert started doing the rounds, Punjabi singer Preet Harpal shared and then deleted a photo of Guru Randhawa on his Facebook account, which appears to have been clicked after the alleged assault. Preet Harpal's attached note, written in Punjabi, remains and roughly translates to: "I know Guru since long... He is a very genuine person and always respects others. But this is very bad thing. I don't know what is happening to the society."

Source: NDTV, Zee News

Trending This Week