Phulwama Attack

Bollywood cashing the Phulwama Attack and Balakot Air Strikes

Just days after the Pulwama terrorist attacks of 14th February and the resultant air strikes on Balakot by the IAF on 26th February, there were reports of Bollywood producers scurrying to register titles such as Balakot, Surgical Stikes 2.0, Pulwama Attacks and Abhinandan. Many of these titles were registered without any scripts in place or even plans to eventually make a film or web series. These were attempts to hold the copyright over a much sought after title, which could be sold and made a quick buck out of in the future.

While we imagined it might take a while for any of these projects to be announced, grapevine has it that Sanjay Leela Bhansali along with T-Series have already bankrolled a film on the Balakot air strike to be directed by Abhishek Kapoor. According to a report, the casting of the film is currently in process and the project is already in its research and development phase.

Initially, there were unverified reports from “sources” about the strikes having killed 300 terrorists belonging to the Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist group, but the Defence Ministry is yet to make an official statement regarding this.

The international media has highlighted that there is no clarity whether anything significant had been struck by the IAF or if there were any mass casualties as an aftermath of the retaliation.

On the other hand, on 3 March, Amit Shah declared that over 250 terrorists were killed in the air strikes by IAF in Balakot. However, on the same day, Union Minister SS Ahluwalia asserted that the main aim of the air strikes carried out by the Indian Air Forces across the Line of Control (LoC) was to send out a message that India can hit within Pakistan if the situation arises. On the question of if the IAF was able to inflict any causality, Ahluwalia said that neither the Prime Minister nor any BJP spokesperson or any defence official had given any figures and there were only “unconfirmed” reports of around 300 terrorists being eliminated.

The latest information on the air strikes came in today, 4 March, when for the first time after the aerial strikes by the IAF in Pakistan’s Balakot, Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa addressed the media in Coimbatore. Dhanoa said that the IAF had conducted “successful raids”, however he refused to comment on the number of casualties inflicted, calling it “the government’s prerogative.”

So, when a source close to the makers of the reportedly under production film on the Balakot air strike states, that the film will show the surgical strike as being a “100 percent successful operation which hit the enemy targets with precision”, you know that the makers largely have an eye on the box-office, even if they declare that their intention is to pay a tribute to India’s bravehearts.

With the makers of Uri: The Surgical Strike having made over Rs 200 crore at the ticket windows, the josh is definitely high in Bollywood right now. Why else would they act like they know more about the Balakot air strikes than the government?

Pakistan May Not Get Isolation From Saarc

India’s efforts to ensure “complete isolation” of Pakistan after the Pulwama terror attack may face hurdle at its immediate neighbourhood, with all the eight members of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (Saarc) unlikely to reach a consensus on either a temporary or permanent suspension of Pakistan from the grouping.

Since Descision at Saarc are taken by consensus, it is unlikely that India will be able to convince all the members to take action against Pakistan. After a deadly terrorist attack on an Indian Army camp in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir in September 2016, India had decided not to participate in the 19th Saarc summit scheduled to be held in Islamabad. Bangladesh, Bhutan and Afghanistan followed same route.

On Saturday, India raised duties on imports from Pakistan by 200%, a day after it had withdrawn the most favoured nation status to Pakistan after the Pulwama terror attack.

T Series Unlists Pakistani Singer Atif Aslam’s New Single After Phulwama Attack

After Phulwama Attack; T Series unlists the new single “Baarishein” by Pakistani Singer Atif Aslam from official YouTube Channel. The song was listed just a day before Phulwama Attack which had crossed over 1 million views in just few hours of release. The song features Atif Aslam along side Nusrat Bharucha in music video.
Although there is no official notification of unlisting the music video from T Series itself.
“The attack on CRPF soldiers in Kashmir is extremely disturbing to say the least. There is no glory in this. Right now one can only think of the families of the martyred and pray for those injured soldiers who are fighting for their lives,” he wrote in his recent tweet. 

Army Officer killed in IED blast near LOC at J&K

An Indian Army major was killed Saturday in an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) blast near the Line of Control in Rajouri’s Nowshera in Jammu and Kashmir.

Another trooper was injured in a ceasefire violation along the LoC in the district, officials said.

Major Chitresh Singh Bisht was leading a bomb disposal squad team for sanitisation when mines were detected on the track in Naushera sector around 3 pm, a defence spokesman said.

He said the team defused one of the mines successfully but while neutralising another mine, the device got activated and the officer suffered grievous injuries and lost his life.

Another solider was injured in the blast and was admitted to a hospital, the officials said.

Major Bisht (31) belonged to Dehradun in Uttarakhand and is survived by his parents. “The officer was a brave and sincere soldier. The nation will always remain indebted to him for the supreme sacrifice and devotion to duty,” the spokesman said.

This incident occurred just hours after Home Minister Rajnath Singh reviewed the security situation in the country, particularly in Jammu and Kashmir, two days after 42 CRPF jawans were killed in an audacious terror attack by the Jaish-e-Mohammed in Pulwama.

Singh reviewed the security situation in a meeting attended by National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, among others. During the meeting, top security officials briefed the home minister about the prevailing situation in the country, including along the India-Pakistan border, a home ministry official said.

The meeting took stock of the security measures in place to foil any design of the Pakistan-based terrorist groups to disturb peace in Jammu and Kashmir as well as in hinterlands, the official said. The home minister directed the officials to ensure that all possible steps are taken to hunt down terrorists currently operating in Kashmir valley, another official said. Those who attended the meeting include Union Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba and Director of Intelligence Bureau Rajiv Jain.

Forty-two CRPF personnel were killed and five injured in one of the deadliest terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday, by a Jaish-e-Mohammed suicide bomber in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district.

Nation Pays Tribute to Martyrs of Phulwama Attack

The bodies of the soldiers killed in Phulwama attack by Pakistan-based terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed reached their homes on Saturday. It was an emotional moment which saw hundreds gathered to pay their respect to the soldiers. People stood on roads with flowers, holding the national flag to receive the soldiers’ bodies.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with many Union Ministers, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal and Congress President Rahul Gandhi paid tributes to the 40 CRPF soldiers when their bodies arrived at Palam Airport in Delhi.

Almost 40 countries around the world have codemned the Phulwama Attack. USA bluntly asked Pakistan to end terrorism. UAE prince cancelled his visit to Pakistan after Phulwama Attack. Many other nations have expressed their grief and agitation over terrorism by Pakistan.

India withdrew “Most Favoured Nation” status from Pakistan. Custom Duties over the goods and services imported from Pakistan has been raised to 200%.

Who was Pulwama suicide bomber?

As per the findings; Phulwama suicide bomber lived just 10 km away from the spot of Phulwama attack. Adil Ahmad Dar, who was given the name of Waqas commando by militant group Jaish-e-Mohammad was a drop out of class 12 in a local school in Gundibagh.

As per intelligence and police records, Dar was a category C militant and after joining militancy in 2018, officials said he was seen with members of terror group Jaish-e-Mohammad, Hizbul Mujahideen and Lashkar-e-Taiba. He was not a top level militant.

Before he went missing, Adil Ahmad Dar occasionally worked at a local joinery mill. His father, Riyaz Ahmad Dar, runs a small shop in the locality. Local villagers said he dropped out of school after his cousin, who was also a militant, was killed in an encounter.

Adil Ahmad Dar was third local “fidayeen” who was used to spread militancy in India.

Earlier, Fardeen Ahmad Khan, 16, of Tral along with three foreign militants, sneaked into the CRPF training centre at Lethpora and killed five personnel in December, 2017.

In 2000; Afaq Ahmad Shah,17, was the first local fidayeen who blew up an explosive-laden vehicle outside the 15 Corps headquarters at Badami Bagh on the outskirts of Srinagar, in early 2000, that killed eight troopers.