Registered office is a place which is registered with registrar of company at the time of incorporation of a company. It considered for all relevant purpose. In fact Annual general meeting (AGM) shall also conducted at registered office of the company. Company shall also bound to keep its register and minutes books at its registered office.
Section 12 read with Rule 27 of Companies( Incorporation) Rules, 2014
Procedure for shifting of registered office within local limits of city:
- Call a board meeting and pass board resolution for the same.
- File INC-22 to Roc within 15 days of passing the board resolution.
Documents attached in INC-22 for shifting of registered office:
- Copy of board resolution
- Utility bill (Not older than 2 months)
- NOC from the owner of the premises.
Shifting of registered office within the state under the jurisdiction of same ROC:
- Call a board meeting and authorise members for passing special resolution.
- Approval of members are required for the same. So, company shall conduct EGM and pass special resolution.
- File Form MGT-14 to Roc within 30 days of passing of special resolution, with copy of special resolution along with explanatory statement.
- File INC-22 along with copy of board resolution, Utility bill (not older than 2 months) and NOC, from the owner of the premises.