IEC is a Import Export Code which is represented by 10 digits numbers issued by Director General Of Foreign Trade, Department of Commerce, Government of India. This code is mandatory for bonafide companies or individuals who wants to start a business of import and export in territory.
To obtain import export code (IEC) online, a trader is required to apply on official website of Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry. Click here
You are also required to fulfill the IEC application document required. Here are some important documents required for Import export code registration application form.
IEC Application/ Registration Documents
- Address proof of applicant entity
- Cancelled Cheque with printed bank account
- IEC application documents are required to be uploaded in jpg, gif format in specified size.
- Apart from these documents, more documentation is required depending on type of business entity such as proprietorship, partnership, pvt ltd company, public ltd company and more.
Download IEC Registration Online Requirements PDF
Here is the step wise guide on how to apply IEC online.
- Apply IEC online from the website DGFT and application should be made in form no. ANF2A.
- For applying IEC online, bank account and PAN (Permanent Account Number) are mandatory.
- For acquiring a new code, Part A, B and D of an online IEC application form needed to be submitted.
- Application must be signed by applicant on every page.
- Certain documents are required to submitted together with the application.
- The document that are required to be submitted are- copy of valid pan, copy of bank certificate; and photograph of applicant.
- For online submission of Import Export Code form, scanned copies of PAN, bank certificate, and photograph should be forwarded as per instructions provided;
- Payment of Import Export Code application Rs.250/- should be sent along with your application.
- For offline submission, a demand draft for Rs.250/-payable to Regional Office of DGFT needs to be submitted;
- For offline submission documents are required are self-certified copy of pan, copy of banker certificate attested by bank and two passport size photographs.
- A self-addressed envelope with Rs.30/- (Thirty rupees only) must also be sent with filled in application form and requisite documents.
This is the complete procedure to apply IEC code online. Complete the document requirement for IEC registration and submit import export code registration application form online.