In India, company registration is governed by Company Act, 2013 which defines rules and regulations along with documents required to incorporate a company. There are various business structures which you can choose for your business.
Type of Business Registration in India
Here are the most preferred business types in India
- One Person Company
- Private Limited Company
- Public Limited Company
- Limited Liability Partnership
For successful company registration in India, applicant are required to submit the required documents to ROC, Ministry of Corporate Affairs. So before filing company registration application form, work for document preparation to incorporate a company.
Here is list of documents required to form a company
The following documents are mandatory for incorporation of a business entity in India.
For Indian Nationals
- PAN card of all proposed directors/ partners/ proprietors of business entity
- Address Proof of all proposed directors/ partners/ proprietors of business entity. The documents must be not older than 2 months. Here are some acceptable documents as address proof.
- Voter ID card
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Aadhar Card
For Foreign Nationals
- Passport is a mandatory document required for directors of the company
- Address Proof of the proposed directors
- Driving License
- Bank Statement
- Government issued identity containing address
Registered Office Address Proof
Along with the identity and address proof of director, proof of the registered office address of company is also required. Here are the acceptable documents for address proof of the business premises.
- Property registration documents
- Lease or rent agreement in name of company
- Authorization letter from the landlord
- Utility Bill of the registered office like telephone, gas, electricity bill and more.